Sunday, February 15, 2009

He Lies to Me!

My S.O. (significant other) has told me a lie many times.


He tells me I'm beautiful. Yes, he has his corrective lenses in. Yes, he is trustworthy in every other regard. But beautiful? I am hardly deserving of such a compliment. But he is so persistent that I'm starting to believe that his words are in fact sincere.


Most who know me know that I am confident, although I hope not conceited. On the best of days, my short stature and chubby cheeks merit the description of "cute." I'm not gorgeous, simply well-maintained (again, at best). Somehow, I have deceived one poor soul into believing that I am beautiful! And so he gives me butterflies, and that's no lie.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh come on now, you know you're a hot tamale! Don't be so modest =)

And short stature and chubby cheeks? Cute? No, no. You've got it all wrong. You see he's lookng at you through "man eyes" which translates to this: I've never noticed she's short or has chubby cheeks. But man oh man what a nice set of _____"

heehee.

Laura said...

You are beautiful...inside and out!